Sometimes, you want something a little different. When you think about edibles, the first thing that often comes to mind is brownies or gummies – but these days, those options are only a few of so many. With entire gourmet meals being made with cannabis, it’s time to step up your edibles game.
If you want a sweet treat infused with cannabis, try canna-banana bread. Forget the box mix, banana bread made from scratch with the touch of cannabutter brings a melt in your mouth treat perfect to have with breakfast, as a snack or as a dessert.
1 ¼ cups sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 ½ cups (3-4 medium sized) overripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts
*Recipe makes 1 loaf pan, 2 mini loaf pans or about 2 dozen muffins
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease your pan with cannabutter then flour lightly
- Beat together cannabutter and sugar together with a hand mixer or stand mixer until thoroughly combined
- Add beaten eggs one at a time on low speed until well blended
- Add mashed bananas and beat on medium-to-low speed until smooth
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt and optional cinnamon together in a separate bowl, then add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture while beating on a low speed until blended
- If using walnuts now is the time to pour them into the mixture and mix thoroughly
- Time to bake – if you’re using a loaf pan this will take roughly 70-75 minutes; in two mini loaf pans you should expect 50-60 minutes; in muffin pans it could be as little as 15 minutes for mini muffins and 20-25 for regular sized muffins – a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean when done
For those who want to add a bit more flavor to their banana bread, but aren’t fans of cinnamon, try using some pumpkin pie spice, ginger or your favorite spices to the mix!
You can also try different nuts, like pecans, almonds or macadamia nuts. Or, for an even sweeter bread, add chocolate chips, peanut butter chips or blueberries!
If you feel like this might be too strong for you based on the amount of cannabutter, then adjust to your own preference and substitute the rest with plain, unsalted stick butter.
Keep in mind when you’re eating edibles that they will affect you differently and that they can take a little while to kick in. Always test your homemade edibles in small amounts to avoid consuming too much. Enjoy your canna-banana bread!